As the title shows, we tend to talk about the heaven fruit, apple, its
types, benefits, uses, and history. Therefore, stay with us to the end of this
article, hope you find it useful. Generally speaking, red delicious apple is the
most popular type that is nearly available in the markets in the world. Now,
let us get to know it more.
Generally speaking, Golden delicious apples are large with a
They are sweet with a firm and crispy texture.
Needless to mention that they are suitable for salads, applesauce, and apple butter.
Moreover, they harvest golden delicious apples in autumn and winter.
It is also helpful to know that golden delicious apples do not turn brown quickly and are stable in texture.
It’s good to know that there are about 7500 apple types in the world
However, here we only focus on 3 types, which are popular and common in lots
of countries. In fact, the red delicious apple is one of the most famous
American apples, and one of the most widely grown apple types. Moreover, red delicious is a medium-sized apple with a tall conical shape. Besides, the inside
part is crispy and fine with juicy flesh. Red delicious apples are available
all the time of the year, especially in autumn. As you might know,
they are high in fiber, vitamins, iron, and antioxidants.
Gala apples have a mild and sweet flavor. Although they are nonuniform,
their overall color is orange. Additionally, they mostly grow in the
however, they are available almost all the time of the year. Like most of the
other apples, gala apples should be in cold storage and a controlled atmosphere.
Impressive Health Benefits of this fruit
As the reports show, it may aid weight loss in several ways. They also give
you satiety due to their high fiber content. Apples also promote heart
health in several ways. To be more specific, they are high in soluble fiber,
which reduces bad cholesterol. They also have polyphenols, which are
linked to lower blood pressure and stroke risk. Besides, consuming apple fruit
will result in a lower risk of type 2 diabetes. As mentioned before, this is
possibly due to their polyphenol antioxidant content. It’s interesting to know
that the type of fiber in this amazing fruit feeds good bacteria and
protects against obesity, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes. As we pointed
out above, apples are high in vitamins and nutrients, that’s why an
English proverb says that eating an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
It’s important to know that they mostly found the vitamins in apples in the apple’s skin and under its skin. Accordingly, for those who can digest apple peel,
it is better to taste it with the skin, and if you want to peel it,
it is better to peel the apple thinly.
The ingredients in a medium apple are:
- Energy 258 calories
- Protein 1/2 gram
- Fat 1/6 gram
- Starchy material 6.59 grams
- Calcium 24 mg
- Phosphorus 10 mg
- Iron 1/2 mg
- Vitamin A 360 units
- Vit B 1 0.15 mg
- Vitamin B2 0.08 mg
- Vit B3 0.1 mg
- Vitamin C 18 mg
Medicinal properties of this amazing fruit:
1) It is an alkaline fruit and cleanses the body and removes excess water
due to its high pectin content.
2) It can relieve diarrhea, even for children. For this purpose,
we should grate them. Moreover, you can cook them since they are useful for those who have a lazy intestine. Respectively, cook it over low heat,
but be sure to use glazed or Teflon dishes,
because this way the pectin and its vitamins are safe.
3) Syrup is the best medicine for treating cough and hoarseness. To prepare apple syrup, peel a kilo of apple and slice it with the skin and cook it in a liter of
water, then smooth it with a thin cloth and add a few pieces of sugar to it. Then, put it back on low heat until it thickens and remove it from the heat. Drink three to four cups of this syrup a day.
4) As referred to before, they are high in calcium, and apple calcium
helps the body absorb calcium from other foods.
5) Eating fruit generally relieves constipation and is useful for extreme fatigue.
6) The leaves of the apple tree are diuretic and treat inflammation of
the kidneys and bladder.
7) Drinking apple juice is an effective medicine to treat colds and hoarseness and cough.
8) It strengthens the liver and is appetizing.
9) In addition, they are very beneficial for treating shortness of breath. Even smelling them hurt this property.
10) Cooked fruit strengthens the stomach and liver and expel soda and toxins from the body.
11) They remove heat from the body.
12) It’s good to know that you can grate the fruit and wrap it in a napkin and put it on the eye. It relieves eye pain.
13) As the researches show, those who want to lose weight must eat fruits with their skin.
14) Apple blossom is a remedy for cough and swelling of the respiratory tract.
15) They are excellent medicine for wound healing
16) They are the best medicine for indigestion because they contain a lot of pectins.
17) Apple juice can even be good for purification. In other words, this enema is very effective for intestinal diseases.
As the ultimate point, another way to use this fruit is to soften the skin of
cooked apples. Then, boil them and then mash them and mix with milk. In
the following, put this mixture on the skin warmly and remove it after a few minutes.