Watermelon is a delicious fruit by which we can make various desserts, snacks, and drinks such as watermelon smoothie, mixed puddings, and many other simple and creative meals. As you may know, watermelon has lots of benefits. Specifically, watermelon smoothie is a nutritious drink highly recommended for athletes, children, and pregnant women. Having lots of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and low calorie, watermelon smoothie is an ideal choice for the body. In the following, we explain more about this fruit’s benefits, then we introduce you to some simple but delicious recipes with fruits.
1) It helps tour body hydrate. Drinking water is the most well-known way to keep yourself hydrated. However, eating some fruits such as watermelon, cucumber, and melons are effective in this regard.
2) Provides essential nutrients for the body. As a matter of fact, one cup that is equivalent to 154 gr of the fruit, supplies:
Vitamin C: 21% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
Vitamin A: 18% of the RDI
Potassium: 5% of the RDI
Magnesium: 4% of the RDI
Vitamins B1, B5, and B6: 3% of the RDI
3) It fights with cancers. It reduces cancer risk by lowering insulin-like growth factor (IGF), a protein involved in cell division.
4) Improves heart health
5) It reduces inflammation and oxidative stress
6) Protects hair and skin
7) Fights with depression and boosts moods
According to what mentioned, watermelons are appropriate for all people. Even diabetics can eat this fruit if they know how much they are allowed to. Now, let’s take a look at some simple watermelon smoothie recipes.
First, it’s essential to know what fruits go well with watermelon.
Strawberry and watermelon
Mango and watermelon
Berries, some nuts, and carrot can accompany melons well.
3 cups seedless watermelon (frozen, cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
1 cup milk (or almond milk, soy milk, whole milk)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 sprigs mint
2 small wedges of fresh watermelon
This is a basic recipe for making a nutritious smoothie. You can add other fruits such as mango, strawberry, nuts, vanilla, chocolate, or even chia seeds to your drink. Moreover, you can add MCT oil, coconut oil, or some minerals to increase the value of your drink. Keep in mind that you should not consume fruits excessively, since they may bring some issues for you. Besides, make sure that you are buying organic fruits from reliable sellers.